10 September 2005

Health Update



As usual, the weight tracker rounded the numbers. I lost two pounds in the past two weeks, putting me at 257.4 pounds. That's 6.6 pounds lost so far. I've been doing Weight Watchers for about a month, so I think that's pretty good. I'm not expecting more than a pound a week.

The Flex plan seems to working out OK, but I find myself falling into my old bad habit of counting points until I get to 20 and then ignoring the points for the rest of the day. This means that I don't count all the little nibbles I put in my mouth when I come home. To counteract that this week, I am going to focus more on other activities in the evening. I noticed that I didn't nibble as much on Tuesday past when I had to help the kids with their homework. A lot of people say that needlework helps them cut down on their snacking, but I can't knit or crochet longer than an hour a day because of pain in my right arm. Perhaps another good book is the answer. I barely snacked at all when I was reading HP6.

NotMissy is still discouraged about her weight loss. I think she has only lost two pounds since we've started WW. I outweigh her by almost 75 pounds so I was bound to drop a bit more than her in the beginning, but this fact is of little comfort to her. She has decided to add yoga to her exercise regimen a couple times a week, so perhaps that will relax her.

No comments: