17 September 2005

Health Update



The actual total weight loss is 7.5 pounds, I think. I'm not sure because I weighed at home. My regular scale said 256 and my digital scale said 256.5, so I went with the digital. From past weeks, though, I noticed that my digital scale has registered one to two pounds more than the Weight Watchers scale. I guess I'll find out next week.

Yes, I missed my Weight Watchers meeting again this week. NotMissy's husband is balking at the idea of paying for the meetings and the gas. That's understandable, but it leaves me in a tough spot because ABM is not crazy about me throwing away the money I spent to sign up. I imagine that I can keep my WW eTools membership up-to-date and just weigh from home. I don't want to sign up for the full WW Online program because the fees I paid to sign up for eTools and the in-person meetings equal out to the same thing. As far as I can see, it really is the same program, but you get it at the eTools price if you punch in the code that you get from your first meeting. I know that I will have to pay another $25 if I decide to start going back to meetings, but that doesn't bother me so much. ABM has spent way more than I have in diet supplements prescribed by his doctor, so he isn't going to complain too much as long as I am sticking to the program and losing weight.

There hasn't been much of a change in the exercise area. I'm still doing 10-20 minutes of walking. The situps still haven't made their way into my program. I have, however, added in some pushups after my walk (the kind you do where you push off against a wall or a countertop). I can't say that my energy has increased because I am SO sleepy in the afternoons, but I am more likely to get up and try to do things. Yesterday, I woke up a few minutes earlier to get ready for work. Normally, I go back to sleep for 30 minutes after getting M out of bed for school but I think that time would be better used for something, anything else. I don't feel any more rested from that 30 minutes so I might as well accomplish something.

No comments: