26 October 2005

PDAs and Dukes of Hazzard

My brain is cluttered with strange associations that have formed over the years. There are normal associations, like 09 September and crisp notebook paper because that was the first day of school when I was a kid. There are other associations, however, that require more explanation. For instance, ramen noodles and Super Mario Brothers are eternally linked in my brain because my family discovered them both at the same time. Other links are Anne Rice & Shake 'n' Bake (things that made me ill while on bedrest) and Southern Comfort and flying hamburgers (we'll save that story for later).

I just realized this morning that another crazy link has been forming in my mind: PDAs and "Dukes of Hazzard". For the past few weeks I have either been shopping for discontinued Palms on eBay or looking for free Palm software. Meanwhile, ABM discovered the "Dukes of Hazzard" reruns on CMT. It is strange to know this odd little blip in time is going to stick in my head, yet I can't remember the names of medications I've taken or friends I had in high school.

No comments: