11 November 2005

My So-Called Digital Life

After I posted about not having any music in digital form, it made me start thinking about ways that my digital house (my computer) resembles my real house. I discovered that I've carried my bad habits into my digital life. My inbox is filled with e-mails that I've saved because I think that I am going to need them one day. My bookmarks folder is cluttered with websites that I have marked so I can go back and shop at those sites one day. Bloglines taunts me every time I pull it up with all the blog posts that I haven't read yet. I've learned to control all the mail, magazines, and catalogs that used to clutter my bedside table but I have replaced them with email, blogs, and shopping sites. At least the digital versions don't make my bedroom look cluttered.

No comments: