25 November 2005

Will wonders never cease?

For the first time in our 16-year marriage, ABM suggested on his own that we cook our big meal on Saturday instead of Thursday. I've said for years that it makes no sense for me to cook a full Thanksgiving meal when no one was going to be here. He argued that it wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving if he didn't have leftovers, but he couldn't have that if he was eating at his grandmother's house. Hence, being the good wife that I am, I have cooked on Thanksgiving every year. Of course, I've scaled the meal way down over time. The first few years I coooked everything from scratch just to prove to myself that I could, but now all the side dishes are instant or canned. This year, however, since he has come to his senses I may treat him to the real deal.

No comments: