15 October 2006

I'm not dead -- just snowed under

I'm already struggling with the various elements of my current schedule, but did that stop me from adding more tasks? Of course not! That would be too logical.

For the past couple months, I have been a contributor to a netcast called the Bunkcast. The creator of the show pitched the idea as having several female contributors on a rotating basis so that no one would get bogged down. In practice, I ended up as a co-host. Then, after 11 episodes, the creator started having personal issues and had to stop doing the show indefinitely. So, I stepped up to continue the show until she is able to take it over again.

What on earth was I thinking? Producing under obligation has always been a problem for me, whether it is knitting or writing. Once I am expected to do something, I freeze. I enjoy the actual work of creating the netcast but finding the time is stressful. Oh, did I mention that I have to work around ABM's schedule because he doesn't know I'm doing this? Yeah, I really know how to make things hard on myself.

Anyway, if you are curious about this after all my whining, check out episode #12 of the Bunkcast. The show started out with a strong sci-fi flavor, but I am not very knowledgable in that area. While I am helming the show, it will be more like an audio version of my blog with more music and fewer details of my personal life. If you have any suggestions, feel free to throw them at me. My e-mail address for the podcast is dani@karenfromkalifornia.com; you can send me a regular e-mail or an mp3 recording of your comments.

No comments: