07 January 2007

Sunday Scribblings: Kissing

I don't normally compose rhyming verse because it comes out sounding like a nursery rhyme. However, I thought I would give it another shot.

A kiss you will not share with me,
Yet it's the very touch I want.
You withhold your lips from me
And scar me with the taunt.
Why must I beg for kisses
After all this time?
Although you wear my wedding ring
A kiss would truly prove you're mine.
Willingly I took your name
And stayed for all these years,
Yet there is no tender kiss
When my eyes well up with tears.
I do believe you love me
And to our vows are true,
But . . .


Yeah, I couldn't finish it. Maybe something will come to me later. I just wanted to post something today.

4 comments:

Rethabile said...

No one must have to beg for kisses. Your poems sounds "finished" to me. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

A lovely, bittersweet poem - and it sounds complete to me.

deedee said...

I'm with the others, your poem is already perfectly finished, I find it very touching.

Clockworkchris said...

I again am with the others-when you can't finish something, especially something with a rhyme-then it is finished. Great job. Thanks for visiting and hope you have a wonderful 07'