28 July 2007

I just want to sit and read me book

I finally got my hands on a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Normally, I would have pre-ordered the book and been almost finished reading it by now. This year, I was trying to stick to our budget so I didn't plan to buy it. ABM knew how special it was, being the last book and all, so he went out and bought me a copy.

So why haven't I read it yet? I've discovered that even a special book like the last of the HP series can't seem to break through my brain fog. These days I can't seem to lock myself in a room and immerse myself in a book the way I once did. A quiet room makes me sleepy, but music or noise is too distracting. The part of my brain that loved reading seems to have atrophied. Who knew that when my body got out of shape, my mind would go with it?

1 comment:

Man said...

That happens to me when I work or take a real tough class. All the equations in my head jumble up.

I clear my head by taking a walk, a long walk, about 50 NYC blocks or more. I may cross a bridge or two.

Maybe it is the exercise or fresh air but it recharges me.