29 January 2008

Apparently yesterday was a fluke

I was hoping that yesterday's burst of energy and enthusiasm would last a couple more days, but it seems that was not to be. I woke up this morning with a dizzy headache, reminiscent of the bout with vertigo I had last year. Yesterday I was so focused and accomplished several things. As I type this, it is mid-morning and all I've done is load the dishwasher and wash some sweaters. I haven't had breakfast and I haven't done my job hunting for the day. Truthfully, I'm fighting the urge to go back to bed.

A day like this illustrates why I have difficulty in the workplace. I have one or two productive days filled with optimism, followed by several days where I am either physically or emotionally unable to get myself in gear and face my responsibilities. When I am at home, it is easier to work around my bad days and still get the work done in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, out in the working world I have to adhere to someone else's schedule. Why can't I just win the lottery?

No comments: