11 February 2008

Watching last night's Grammys: Let It Be



I am not a fan of awards shows, but in the past few years I have missed so many noteworthy performances that I decided to record last night's Grammy Awards show. I haven't finished watching the recording yet, but I had to stop and comment on the Beatles tribute. The "Let It Be" portion was so beautiful it made me cry! The two singers were from the movie Across the Universe. I remember reading about that movie right before it was released but I wasn't particularly interested in seeing it. Now I definitely want to see it. I've already added it to my NetFlix queue.

1 comment:

TllGurl said...

I am old enough to have heard "Let It Be" when it first hit the charts, and I've seen the documentary. (It is proof positive that at that time, as a band, the Beatles could've kicked the butt of any band on the planet.)
That tribute to the Beatles did indeed make me cry.
"Across The Universe" is already in my Netflix queue and I'll probably own it. I already have the soundtrack to "Love" on my WishList both for the CD and for tickets to the show.
See ya at Slice!