27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, I am giving in to the fromage factor and doing a Thanksgiving post. God has blessed me and my family in many ways this year, and it would be the height of cockiness not to express my gratitude. Here are a few of the things that I'm thankful for:

1. The job offer that came just in time this week.

2. My eyesight and my hearing, without which I wouldn't be able to entertain myself.

3. M's blossoming musical talent, which we hope will get her into college when the time comes.

4. My hands, which enable me to knit, work in the garden, and earn money for my family.

5. Friends and neighbors who have assisted us without being asked.

6. Kids who are willing to eat the frugal kitchen experiments that pass for dinner.

7. My husband who has learned to accept that I am not a perfect housewife.

There are so many more things I could add to this list, but you get the idea. I'm grateful for a life that isn't exactly what I imagined when I was 16, but is so much better than I could have created under my own power.

Anyway, I'm gonna hug my loved ones and eat myself sick! Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Nora said...

What a nice post! And Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Vodka Mom said...

those were great!

TllGurl said...

Hey! Congrats on the job offer!
Last time we touched base was way back when Slice was doing their live show on Saturdays. (I still miss the chatroom gang...)
Hope you and your family had a stellar Thanksgiving!
: )