20 April 2009

Music Monday: "Am I Blue?"

I've been in a funky mood all weekend that I just can't shake. To top things off, I woke up with a headache that made it feel like someone was standing on my face -- "Boot to the head!", as my kids would say. So here I am, in bed at home instead of fingers flying across a keyboard at work. The boot has lifted itself from my face enough to allow me to sit up, but the funky mood is still hanging around.

On days like today, when nothing seems worth doing, the song "Am I Blue?" runs through my head. It is one of those songs that I've known since elementary school so I can sing it well enough that I almost sound like I have a good singing voice. Even though the song is about losing a man, the first two lines are the ones that I want to shout to the world on days like today:

Am I blue? Am I blue?
Ain't these tears in my eyes telling you?


The version that I usually think of is the one by Barbra Streisand from the movie Funny Lady, but I decided to post a different rendition for my geeky friends. Don't worry, my non-geeky readers, the clip is only a little over a minute long.

UPDATE: I mistakenly posted a video of a French singer in this post the first time. Sorry about that!

No comments: