04 May 2009

The End is Nigh

When I started my current job, I expected 01 Jun 2009 to be my last day. I knew that I was only brought in to help keep the inventory as low as possible so that there wouldn't be that much to transfer into the company's new computer system. Then, the conversion date was pushed up to 01 Jul, buying me another month. Then, there was the rumor that data entry people might still be needed in the new system, giving me hope. Then, there was another job opening posted that looked promising.

Alas, a full-time job with this company is not meant to be. Even though I wasn't applying for customer service work, the jobs are in the customer service division so I had to pass a customer service assessment. I failed it -- twice. I feel very comfortable in this office and I thought that meant God wanted me to be there. I even made peace with the idea that I wasn't destined to be a stay-at-home mom. Now I have to readjust my thinking. What does God have in store for me now?

No comments: