21 October 2010

Looking forward to the assisted living center

This has been a week where my energy reserves have dipped pretty low. Yesterday morning, when I was getting ready for work after having only four hours of sleep, I started fantasizing about moving to an assisted living center. No one to take care of but myself, a small apartment to clean, exercise classes on the premises -- it sounds like heaven. I have never understood these people who retire from work and then wish that they could go back. The peace and quiet and the nice slow days would be a gift from God to me. As much as I love my family, I'm tired of planning meals, answering questions, and making sure DJ leaves the house with matching socks :-p.

Now, excuse me while I try to make it through the last 30 minutes of my work day without letting my head hit my desk . . .

No comments: