20 December 2010

Music Monday: "Medicine Man" by The Hush Sound



I seem to have a penchant for discovering bands and falling in love with them after they have broken up. The Hush Sound is a band that I first heard while playing Dance Dance Revolution. M and I would play their song "Wine Red" if we needed a cool-down because it was a little easier. Most of the songs in DDR games are J-pop by bands I've never heard of, so I don't think of it as "real" music for me to listen to outside the game. However, M liked the song enough to look up the band. It was interesting to find out that their other music has more of a bluesy feel than the song on the game. When Maia found out that the band had broken up, she said, "At least they left behind three pretty good albums." Well said.

1 comment:

Miss Eliza Sea said...

Ok this song is rather awesome. I may just have to buy it.