05 January 2012

I'm making resolutions, gosh darn it!

In the past few years it has become fashionable to say that one does not make New Year's resolutions because they are so passe. The belief is that one gets carried away by the fresh tide of a new year and makes grandiose plans that are doomed to fail before February roll around. Well, this year I am in the mood to make a few resolutions and I am not ashamed to proclaim them!

--Spend at least 30 minutes each night doing some chore: I have the kids handling the basics like dishes and laundry, but the infrequent tasks like cleaning out closets are not getting done. If I do a little each day, I can keep myself off the current season of "Hoarders".

--Read at least 4 books a month:  This ties in with my book blog. If I don't read, I don't have anything to post. I joined the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge to help me track this. Although I feel like I am doing a lot of reading now, in reality it is composed mostly of blogs and online articles. I want to get back to reading actual books or listening to audio books. The internet helps me keep up with pop culture, but books help me exercise my brain and make me feel more well-rounded.

--Stitch at least 5 items for myself:  This could be knitting, crocheting, or sewing. I never make clothing for myself and I think it is about time. ABM bought me a sewing machine last year and I have yet to put it to use. My shabby wardrobe could use a little pizzazz.

My plan is to reevaluate at the end of the month and either change or continue with the goals I've set here.  Hopefully sticking to these goals will pull me away from my Facebook game addiction and give me something to blog about!

No comments: