06 January 2012

To Sir With Love



A pal on Facebook posted a meme where you post a YouTube video of the song that was #1 the week of your birth. For a long time I thought it was "To Sir With Love" but that song didn't actually hit the top of the charts until November of 1967 (thanks, internet!). Still, this song and movie hold a special place in my heart. The movie was played often on Saturday afternoons back when I lived in the country with no cable TV and no internet. It, along old shows from the BBC that aired on our local PBS station, shaped my view of England and the 1960s.

2 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

I absolutely adore "To Sir with Love". I've been waiting for it to show up on tv for a long time, so I can record it and show it to B. He's never seen it, and this is really bothering me. :)

Dani In NC said...

If you have Netflix, it is streaming there.

I remember the days of waiting for a favorite movie to show up on TV. That's why I've resisted buying DVDs for so long. It seems much more special to catch a movie when it shows up on the schedule. I wouldn't trade DVDs and online streaming for anything, though; it really comes in handy when I want a friend or my kids to see a particular movie NOW.