22 January 2015

Block-A-Month: January knit-along block


This is the beginning of my January block for the knit-long that I joined. Unlike the crochet-long, this project doesn't have filler blocks or anything. It it just one block a month. I knit this much in one evening and then I didn't touch it for a week. It's not that I didn't want to work on it, but my body betrayed me once again. This time it was a headache and neck pain that took me several days to get rid of. The block is a fairly simple basketweave pattern, so I expect to be able to finish it by the end of the month if I don't have more pain to get in the way.

One other thing that may stall my needlework progress is that the spring semester has started. I only have two classes this semester, but they are both project-based. This makes me happy because the hands-on classes are my favorite. However, I don't know how much time I will have to knit and crochet. I may end up playing catch up with my squares at the end of the semester.

No comments: