14 January 2005


This is my picture for the Hayden knitalong. I joined this knitalong by accident; I just mentioned on Laura's site that I was knitting her pattern and the next thing I knew, my name was on the list of participants! So, I couldn't leave everyone hanging -- I had to post a photo :-). The rechargeable batteries for the digital camera have disappeared so I scanned the hat instead. It is not the best image, but at least you can see my color combination. At first I thought that mixing three shades of rose with a white and a burgundy might produce a stomachache (bad wine humor), but I am pleased with the final result. Those with eagle eyes may notice that the slip stitch changes halfway through the hat. That is because I ran out of one of the roses while doing the decreases. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hat is beautiful! Your choice of colors really turned out so very nice!
Jenny

Dani In NC said...

Thanks, Jenny! I really lucked up because I am usually lousy at picking color combos. I just happened to have all these oddballs and I put them together because they were too nice to throw away :-).