23 January 2005

Year of the Afghan -- Hah!

This is the last week of January, and I am not making much progress towards this year's goal. The SpongeBob baby blanket is supposed to be finished by the 31st, but I don't get much time to work on it in the evenings. The other two afghans-in-progress are the Gaudy Rambling Rows and the Crocheted Zinnia afghan. They both are too complicated to carry around and work on during my commute. So what did I do today? I started a scarf! I'm working on the Ghetto-G pattern that I found on Mayflower's blog (the picture is in the 04 Sep entry and the pattern is in the 13 Sep entry). I've been itching to do it for a while and I had a really LOUD purple yarn with coordinating variegated yarn in my stashette, but I couldn't find a good reason to make the scarf. Who on earth would I be knitting it for? Today I decided to cast on "just because". It is turning out well, and it will be the very first item in my last-minute gift box. I will get back to Spongebob tomorrow, I promise!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, Dani, I love your "Do you know who I am" post! It touched the romantic in me. I think you should knit a pair of my red sexy socks. It works for my hubby! Vicki from SuanKnits.