28 February 2005

Give me your unwanted, unopened, barely touched lotions yearning to be used

Normally I post something deep and reflective at the beginning of the week. However, the inner sanctum of my brain is a scary place today, so I am going to start the week with something light.

After having a sleepover with my best friend on Saturday night, I realized that I have become the Keeper of the Specialty Lotions. I have a tendency to wash my hands a lot; not in an OCD way, but I do it quite often. My skin is already dry, so the handwashing takes an added toll. As a result, I use a LOT of lotion and I am always running out. My friends and coworkers have caught on to this, and lately they've been giving me all this tiny bottles of lotion. You know the kind -- it comes in a gift basket that your second cousin gave you because she only sees you once a year but she drew your name in the Christmas gift exchange and figured that all women love a basket with a scented candle and some fancy lotion in it. (For the record, I do not like candle/lotion/bath salt gift baskets; however, one of those gift sets that has a mug and some fancy cocoa/coffee/tea in it would rock my world.)

My best friend seems to be a magnet for these baskets and gets several of them every year. She tries each lotion exactly twice, and then it goes in a bucket in her bathroom to await the time when someone asks for lotion. Well, this weekend I was that someone and I just happened to ask while she was in a decluttering mood. Now I have several purse bottles of lotion that smell like everything from apricots to cucumbers to mint.

See how good I am at filling three paragraphs with absolutely nothing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, its nice to see some things dont change. like you still find a way to talk about nothing ... hehehehehehe ...
Maranda left yesturday was her last day, she is starting her in home day care ...
you know about val from Laura right? ...
all i can think of this early, catch ya later