19 February 2005

I haven't been anywhere!

I spotted this little meme on The Bookish Girl's blog. It gives me something to post instead of talking about my lackadaisical non-effort to get in shape (I have gained three pounds and I am eating marshmallow creme for breakfast -- 'nuff said). I'm not sure that Florida counts as a place that I've been since we only got off the plane long enough to board a cruise ship. Anyway, here is my sad little travel history:

bold the states I've been to, underline the states I've lived in and italicize the state I'm in now...

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /

Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.

______________________________________

In other news, the SpongeBob blanket is very close to being done. I could actually finish it today, which gives me a bit of a dilemma. So many people at work have seen me stitching this blanket that they want to see the finished product. However, if I complete the blanket tonight ABM will want to take it to the new mother tomorrow since he foolishly told her that we were making her something way before it was finished (why else do you think I would put myself under the stress of sticking to one project?) If I tell him that I want to take it to work and show it off, I'm afraid he is going to think that I am a little too full of myself and tell me that people are only commenting on my project to be polite. The truth is, I won't be with him when he gives the blanket so showing it off to my friends is the only opportunity I'll have to get some oohs and aahs for two months' worth of knitting and embroidery. I could stall and play videogames instead, but then ABM will wonder why I wasted prime knitting time. Besides, I really want to finish this blanket so that I can start working on the 10 other things in the wings. There is only a week left in Fix-It February and all I have done is show my botched sweater on the blog; I haven't done any frogging or reknitting at all. What to do, what to do?

P.S. I ran the spellchecker and it wanted to replace "reknitting" with "resenting". Yes, I think I am resenting the reknitting I have to do on this ugly sweater because I'm afraid it will either involve me dragging out my Incredible Sweater Machine or knitting on size 2 needles.

No comments: