21 February 2005

Monday Morning Clarity

This morning, I woke up from a sound sleep with M's Spanish project on my mind. Unfortunately, this is nothing unusual. Monday morning is the one time of week when I experience exceptional clarity of thought concerning my life and my failings. As I woke up the kids, I looked around each room and did my Bette Davis impression: "What . . a . . dump!" Monday morning is when I realize that I have let another weekend slip by without:

--exercising
--eating right
--reading to my kids
--reducing the clutter in my house
--making a dent in any of the half-finished needlework projects in my drawer

If I could stay home on Monday morning, I would start cleaning right after the kids leave and assuage some of my guilt from my lost weekend. Unfortunately, the time when I am most enthusiastic about cleaning is also when I have to go to work.

You know what? This post is beginning to make me depressed. I can't take one more ounce of guilt right now, so I am going to stop writing. Tomorrow, I should have better news to report if I can get off of this computer and finish the last few inches of SpongeBob.

2 comments:

Ro said...

Oh, Dani I totally could have written that post! I have been trying to get going on an exercise program (hard with MS cause I'm already sore all the time!) and cut through the clutter in my house. It's so hard! I managed to get the whole livingroom/kitchen and basement done, the basement with the help of my DH, but the upstairs is still in major need of decluttering. I'm a pack rat as i tis, and to make it worse I just got a bunch of my grandmother's stuff (she passed in November, miss you grandma!) and my daughter has way too many toys. I am going to try to get her to pick some to donate somewhere because we want to paint her room and there is no way..we have to FIND it first! LOL

Anyway, don't let it get you down...you already do two full time jobs, mom and working outside the house...please don't be mean to yourself! Be nice to yourself, or else! Or...or... Or I'll have to tickle you! Or slap you around with marshmallows or something! :)Big hugs!!!
Ro

Dani In NC said...

Ro, you are a sweetie! What you have to deal with is SO much worse than the little things that I am whining about. The clutter I have isn't even pack-rat type stuff because ABM and I cured ourselves of that a few years' ago. It is just the daily stuff that I let go for so long, like laundry and unread mail and unopened bills and unmopped floors. My floors are so bad that anything dropped on them should probable by sterilized!