10 April 2005

Yesterday was a test for the wife and mommy in me. ABM was suffering from allergy problems so he didn't go to work, and DJ had been promised the use of the computer in our bedroom. I was confronted with the extent of my attachment to my routine. It practically made me itch to have DJ on my computer and ABM watching my TV. I stood beside my bed for 20 minutes not knowing what to do with myself before I finally gave up my "vigil" and started cleaning the bathroom.

Giving up the computer was more difficult than giving up the TV. We have three computers in our house (we're not rich; we just happen to catch very good deals). The computer in our room always seems to be the favored one, even though M's computer is faster. I spend a lot of time on my computer and it is difficult for me to give up my seat to anyone else. This is definitely something I need to work on.

No comments: