07 November 2005

SO glad to be back at my desk

I am not at my best in a crowd. Not that I have panic attacks, but I think I come pretty close. Over the years I've learned different tricks to make things easier on myself, like always carrying my knitting with me to soothe my nerves.

The large ministry where I work has meetings of the entire staff every morning. This is exactly the type of situation that freaks me out, but I handle it by sitting out in the hallway leading up to the meeting room. My boss has never given me much grief about it because I can hear the speaker fine from there. This morning, however, they removed the chairs! I had to sit in the main hall. I felt SO trapped. I've been out of there for 30 minutes and I still feel shaky. I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow if the chairs aren't there.

No comments: