16 February 2006

Today is M's birthday; she is now 13. I am officially the mother of a teenager and it is hitting me hard. Yes, I am self-centered enough to think it is all about me on my kid's birthday :-). Saturday she is having friends over (it is NOT a party) , so it can be all about her then. Today I am trying to come to grips with the fact that I am the mother of a teenager with breasts and hips and beautiful long hair and lips "full enough for kissing" (her words--YIKES!). For the most part, she still acts like a kid so it is a bit unsettling when teenage things like that pop out.

I was a bit down today, but I still forced myself to exercise. This lifted my spirits but not in the way you may think. Today I tried out a belly dancing workout and all the girls decided to jump in. C1 stood in front of me with a silly grin and a body built like Olive Oyl's and shouted, "I can't get my hips to stop shaking!" It was the funniest thing I've seen all week and definitely worth the trouble of keeping the rugrats around.




Yesterday's exercise: Walk Away the Pounds
Today's exercise: Belly dancing video

No comments: