11 July 2006

What I Like: Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away" Video



Kelly Clarkson is American Idol's shining star, and this song is a perfect example. "Walk Away" grabbed me from the first moment I heard it. The sassiness of the music and the lyrics are much better suited to Clarkson's voice than the dreck she sang right after winning AI.

The video is a great match for the song. This is the kind of song that makes girls sing into their hairbrushes, and that is what the video shows. No crazy avant-garde visuals--just scenes of everyday folk around town singing along to a great song.

1 comment:

Man said...

I see you got into the YouTube video blogging, cool.

I only watched the first season of American Idol and I was right to do so because I can name ten of her songs in a minute but none of the other four winners.


I like her song Beautiful Disaster. That one is pure poetry.