08 December 2006

It's not me, it's everyone else

I read an article this morning about instant messaging. It gave the results of a poll that illustrated the age gap when using forms of online communication. Basically, it said that teenagers are favor IM-ing while adults prefer e-mail. I can guarantee you that none of my friends answered that survey. I can barely get any of them to use e-mail. Most of them have computers but they use them as glorified typewriters for resumes and reports. I would use IM if any of my friends did.

1 comment:

January said...

I don't IM--all of my friends use e-mail. I've never figured out why we don't IM because the cycle of e-mails that goes around in the course of a day can be staggering.

I occasionally IM with my technologically challenged parents, which is actually kind of fun.