30 March 2011

Time to eat my words

Remember when I wrote that post about how much I dislike Facebook? Well, sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do in the name of being a good parent. I let my daughters start Facebook accounts this month, and I feel that I should be on Facebook myself to keep tabs on what they are doing. Despite all the hype, I think that overall the internet isn't that dangerous. Still, ABM and I would both feel better if we did all that we could to make sure the girls don't get into trouble online.

However, if you see me pop up on Facebook, don't send me a friend request. My main purpose for being on the site is to monitor what my kids are doing. With all my friends, I'd really rather correspond via email or visit your blog. The only exception is gaming -- if you like to play the games and want to challenge my high score on Bejeweled Blitz, then I will gladly be your Facebook pal!
Post a Comment