05 September 2007

I'm just the carrier, ma'am

I've had a weird sore throat for the past three days. It hasn't been a full-on sore throat; it is just achy like I am about to get sick. The weird thing about it is that the achiness extends past my throat into my windpipe a little. When I talk or exert myself, it is difficult to breathe. Overall, though, I don't feel that bad.

That isn't the case with my poor kids. DJ and the twins all woke up this morning with headaches, sore throats and stuffy noses. They always seem to catch something before I have time to stock the medicine cabinet for cold season. With us still having 90-degree days here in NC, buying cold medicine was the last thing on my mind. Luckily, I was able to find some meds for each of the kids and send them off to school.

I don't even know how I could have caught a cold. I only left my house once in August. Could I have held on to a cold germ for two weeks, only to have it show up now?

No comments: